Open Call for Indo-German Bilateral Workshops
The Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) invites proposals for organising Indo-German workshops on areas of mutual interest with an aim towards creating platforms for substantive interactions between scientists / researchers from academia and industry. The workshops have to take place in India or in Germany and to be designed around a specific research topic out of thematic areas relevant to both DST and BMBF, which includes the thematic areas of 2+2 project calls. Any other relevant topics of very high importance may also be considered. Proposals with a potential for generating follow up activities including joint projects are preferred. Training workshops as well as meetings between two institutions do not fall under the scope of this call.
Cut-off dates: 1st February and 1st August
The Indo-German Science & Technology Centre was established by the Government of India (DST) and Government of Germany (BMBF) to facilitate bilateral science and technology networking and to play a proactive role in catalysing institute - industry cross-border partnerships through joint R&D efforts. IGSTC envisions to:
- Advance industrial research partnership with mutuality of interest and respect
- Create platform for cross fertilization of ideas
- Develop knowledge networks for industrial sectors to enhance competitiveness
- Establish joint knowledge pools to address global challenges
- Serve as a nerve centre to promote Indo-German technology partnership
Who can Apply?
Persons holding regular positions in public or private non-profit research organisations, institutions of higher education and universities are eligible to submit applications.
Type and Extent of Support
- Event costs for typically not more than 25-30 participants (organisational & logistics expenses, catering, printing & publicity, miscellaneous expenses).
- International and domestic airfare for participants including transfer to the airport / venue and return. Only those participants with an active role (oral presentation) will be funded.
- Accommodation (expenses for accommodation in a standard hotel / guest house on actual costs for normally not more than four days).
- One official dinner.
- Funding from IGSTC is only supplementary. It is expected that the organisers also contribute to the event. In kind contributions – e.g. venue, personnel – are creditable.
- Event should be held at the organiser’s premises and this cost is not covered.
- IGSTC will not pay any daily allowance nor cover any personnel costs.
- IGSTC will not provide travel support to researchers who are not based in India or Germany.
- Participation of relevant industries is expected.
- A detailed draft program including a list of the expected participants has to be submitted along with a brief background document illustrating the importance of the workshop.
- Involvement of young scientists is highly recommended. Travel support will be provided only to scientists who are pursuing at least their Ph.D., but access to the workshop for younger scientists working in the locality of the venue should be possible.
- It is expected that the workshop participants belong to various institutions.
- The utilisation of IGSTC format is mandatory for the application.
- IGSTC banner should be displayed in prominent places.
Proposals should be submitted electronically as a single Word or PDF document according to the guidelines below to both the contacts. We advise you to get in touch with these contacts well before submitting the application.
Proposals submitted throughout the year will be evaluated (cut-off dates 1st February and 1st August) by an Indo-German Committee considering:
- Compliance of the thematic area to the portfolio of DST and BMBF (for information on thematic areas of IGSTC Calls, please click here)
- Scientific scope and novelty
- Scientific credentials and competitiveness of the participants, hailing from various institutions
- Presence of topic experts in the participants list
- PAN-India/Germany presence of participants
- Number of participants from the industry
Normally, results may be communicated to the coordinators within 2 months after the cut-off dates.
Contact - India
Dr. P V Lalitha
Indo-German Science & Technology Centre
Plot No. 102, Institutional Area
Sector - 44, Gurgaon - 122003, India
Phone: +91-1244929400 / 407
Contact - Germany
Dr. Martin Goller
German Aerospace Center (DLR-PT)
(German Project Office)
Heinrich-Konen-Str. 1, D-53227 Bonn, Germany